Hello!



Hello.

Nice to meet you!

My name is Cynthia Jabar. I’m a picture book artist & author living in NYC turned #SteAm #Storytelling Instigator.

I’ve been illustrating picture books for many years. I took a year off & spent the 2018-2019 school year teaching creative/design thinking (under the radar) to kids K-6 in NYC. I witnessed them thrive. It was such a rewarding & life altering experience I intend to do it again. And again.

Meanwhile, I'll be posting my picture book work here. I've been so lucky to have such a long career. I thank all my editors for their storytelling insights & letting me experiment.

I've worked with: Candlewick Press, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, Harper Collins Publishers, Houghton Mifflin & Company, Little Brown & Company, Blue Apple Books, Walker Books London, Perigee, Scholastic. 

I've also been able to license some characters for activity books, games, stationery and more. I'll be archiving that work here too. I've licensed with: Blue Apple Books, Galison, Peaceable Kingdom Press/Mindware, Target & Old Navy.

If you want to see my new work visit me at cynthiajabar.com.

Instagram: @NycBookNerd
Twitter: @cynthiajabar

Comments

Popular Posts